Office 2003 is a productivity suite developed and marketed by Microsoft for their Windows range of operating systems. The suite includes common Windows Office programs like Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Access. It has improved functionality and layout compared with its predecessors, making it a favorite among users. Follow the instructions from Microsoft help given below to install and run the software in your system.
- Find the installation disk of the Office 2003 edition and then insert it in to the optical drive of your system.
- Click on the Start button located at the extreme left bottom of the desktop to view the Start menu.
- Click on the Control Panel option found in the right hand side of the Start menu for opening the Control Panel window.
- Now browse for the option named Add/Remove Programs and then click on the Add New Program option.
- Now select the drive as CD or Floppy and then click on the Next button to browse through the drives and select the drive in which you have loaded the installation disk.
- Now open the setup disk by double clicking on the drive and then select the Setup.exe file by clicking on the file and then choosing the option Open.
- Click on the Finish button to start the installation setup. Now the setup will ask you for your customer name and product key and will ask you to read and accept the license agreement. Read the agreement carefully and then put a check mark beside the check box marked I accept the agreement and then click on the Next button to proceed the installation.
- Now choose the location where you would like to install the software when asked. In the window that appears, click on the Next button and then click on the Install button to commence the installation process.
- Now the setup wizard will install the software on your system. Wait until the installation is completed and when the setup asks you to restart the system, restart it.
- When Windows boots up, find the desktop shortcut icon of the Microsoft Office 2003 software and then double click on it to run the software.