There is no need to panic if you accidently forgot your Windows password! You do not have to resort to reinstalling Windows and can recover access using certain applications. You do not need to be a tech-wiz to achieve this seemingly miraculous feat. All you need is access to another computer and a blank CD or DVD.
Regardless of which operating system is running in your system, any of the Windows 8 versions or its predecessors can be easily reset using the following tutorial:
Create a Windows Security password Restoration Disk
- Get the Reset Windows Security password self-extracting data file from any other available Windows PC. You need the ResetWindowsPwd.iso file.
- Insert an empty CD or DVD disk in that PC.
- Using some CD/DVD recording software like ISO2Disc, extract the ISO image file onto the disk you just inserted.
- When you start the locked PC, you will notice the boot screen mentions a key (i.e. DELETE key, F8 key, F2 key) that will take you to the BIOS settings.
- Press the required key and wait for the BIOS settings page to load.
- Navigate through the BIOS settings to change your system settings to boot from CD/DVD ROM disk.
- Insert the boot disk you just burnt and then save the BIOS settings and continue booting your system.
- You will notice an entirely new display screen when the system boots up. Windows Security password system window will appear on the screen instead of the usual Windows Log-in screen.
- Follow the prompts on the screen to reset your Windows password. You can reset the password to empty, which would let you log-in without needing to enter any password.
- Once the reset is complete, remove the password recovery disk from your CD/DVD drive, and reboot your PC.
If you have followed these steps to the word, you will be able to login to your Windows desktop without having to enter any password. Whether you are experienced or a novice user, password recovery is a piece of cake as long as you have the relevant tools.
Even personal computers running the latest Windows 8 versions can be easily be accessed using a password recovery tool. As long as you can follow the on-screen instructions, you will do just fine! If you need any assistance, contacting our technical service team is your best bet!