Most workplaces employ Microsoft Outlook as their standard email program. Microsoft Outlook reigns as the most popular email program because it eases the workflow and has more productivity tools than other similar applications. To setup email in Outlook, here is what you have to do.
- Open Microsoft Outlook from the Start menu and wait for it to load.
- Once Microsoft Outlook loads up, click on the Tools menu.
- Inside the Tools drop down menu, click on Accounts.
- Click Add a new email account option and then click on Next.
- You will be prompted to choose your account type. If you are not sure, a quick Google search about your email service provider will show you if its POP or IMAP.
- Click on the Next button and wait for the Email Accounts window to open up.
- You will be prompted to type in your name next. Type in your name the way you want it to appear on all your outbound email messages.
- Type in your e-mail address. Make sure all the letters are in lower-case.
- In the User Name column, type in your e-mail address again.
- Enter your email Password. Like every password, e-mail passwords are also case sensitive.
- In the Mail Server column, type mail.example.com.
- The Outgoing Mail server is always the same as the Incoming Mail server. For example, mail.example.com.
- Click the More Settings button to enter into the advanced settings.
- Click to open the Outgoing Server tab.
- Select the My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication checkbox and make sure the same settings are applied for your incoming mail server.
- Click on the Advanced tab and make the following changes:
- If you are using POP3 with SSL, click on the checkbox and select 995 for your port. Otherwise, leave the port at 110.
- If you are using IMAP with SSL, click on the checkbox and select 993 for your port. Otherwise, leave the port at 143.
- If you are using SMTP with SSL, click on the checkbox and select 465 for your port. Otherwise, change the port to 26.
- Select OK, Next and the Finish button respectively to save your settings and exit the wizard.