Outlook 2007 is the most sold version of the Microsoft’s Outlook suite of programs. It is a personal manager program that helps users in managing their multiple emails and contact lists with ease. The program also has a calendar option that helps in creating events and meetings in the calendar and storing them in the system. Sometimes users complain that they get an error message while copying or moving large number of messages, stating that some of the messages cannot be copied. You may also get this error while using the Auto Achieve system process. The error may be due to some issues in any of the emails that you are moving or may be due to issues in the destination folder to where you are moving the messages.
- The first troubleshooting step is to restart the Outlook program by closing it and then opening the program again by clicking on its shortcut icon present in the desktop.
- Now try to copy the same messages again. Most of the time, this process will repair the Outlook problems occurring while copying files automatically.
- If you are still getting the error message, then try to copy a single message to the destination folder. If the process was successful, then select small bundles of messages (20 or 30) in a single go and try to copy them to the destination folder. Sometimes, Outlook gives us errors while copying large chunk of emails in a single go.
- Click on the New option found under the File menu in the Outlook window and then select the option named Outlook Data File. If your destination folder is full or almost full, then you will receive an error message. Create a new data file to use as your destination folder for fixing this issue.
- Now highlight the label Office Outlook Personal Folders File (.pst) and then click on the OK button to continue.
- In the new page that appears, give in the name for the new data file just created and then click on the OK button.
- Now copy the desired messages to the newly created data file.