Now every computer user holds an email account as email messaging has become one of the most convenient way to communicate with others. Microsoft Outlook is a popular email client software developed by Microsoft to manage your different email needs.
Though Microsoft Outlook comes with many useful features and tools, users may still encounter problems such as Cannot start Outlook, invalid XML error etc. This article explains in detail, some troubleshooting techniques that will surely help you resolve some common Outlook problems.
- If you have windows 7 or Vista operating system installed on your computer, go to the Windows Start menu located at the bottom left corner of your computer desktop and select the Search option from the pop-up menu.
- Now type scanpst.exe in the search box followed by pressing the Enter key on your keyboard. Allow the program to run. When done, restart the Outlook program again to make sure the application is running without any issues.
- If you have Windows XP operating system on your computer, then you may find it difficult to locate the scanpst.exe files via the search feature. Moreover, in Windows XP the above-mentioned file is located in the path: C:\program files\common files\system\msmapi\1033\. So, you have to access and run the file manually. After running the scanspst.exe file, restart the Outlook program once again and check to see if it has resolved your issue.
The above discussed method will surely help you to solve Cannot start Outlook problems that you are experiencing. If the error persists, then continue the troubleshooting process by following the below mentioned steps.
- Locate the outlook.exe file in the Outlook installation directory.
- Now select the Properties option and then click on Compatibility from the pull-down list. Deselect the checkbox next to Run this program in compatibility mode option. This should fix the problem with your Outlook application.
Even after performing the above-mentioned troubleshooting techniques, you may still come across errors while working with Microsoft Outlook. If this is the case, it is best to uninstall the program and reinstall it on your system. You can follow the instructions given below to uninstall Microsoft outlook.
- Go to the Windows Start menu and select Control Panel.
- From the Control Panel window, select Add or remove program option to see all the applications installed on your system.
- Now locate Microsoft Outlook from the list and click the Uninstall button to uninstall the application.
If you need further assistance, you can contact the Microsoft Support Center.