There are many simple steps that users can work out on their own if their Microsoft Outlook application fails to open or respond. If the problem is with the email feature, there is nothing so much to feel worried about because Outlook has it commonly enough. There are multiple solutions to fix the problems with Outlook emailing. Nevertheless, users can fix them effectively with the right solution. If your experience Outlook not working, it is imperative to find out the causes of the problem. If your Outlook application begins to be irresponsive all of a sudden failing to open any of the features, it could be due to any changes or corruption of files in the registry. Users can fix the problem effectively by replacing the corrupted files in the registry. Don’t worry. All these repairing steps can be executed in a matter of a few minutes.
- Turn on your PC and go to the Start menu.
- Select Computer from the resulting menu.
- Locate local drive C: and double-click it to open.
- Find out the folder titled Program Files in there and double-click it to open.
- In the Program Files folder, locate the file titled Outlook.exe. You can locate it in the sub-directory called Office. Remember, the sub-directory will be named after the Office9, Office3 or whatsoever depending on the Office version you are using.
- After locating Outlook.exe file, right-click it and choose properties from the drop-down menu.
- Select the checkbox close to the option that says Run this program in compatibility mode.
- After that, save the changes you have made in the settings by pressing the OK button that is located at the bottom-right corner of the Properties screen.
- Exit the wizard screen and launch your Microsoft Outlook application.
- Check if you can run the application without any glitches appearing.
The above instructions have helped you find out what was wrong behind your Outlook not working and fix the errors with appropriate troubleshooting steps. If you come across similar errors in future, you can repeat these steps. For any other concerns regarding your Microsoft Outlook, get in touch with Outlook help desk. Alternatively, you can visit Outlook support forums. Outlook support forums feature useful information regarding the application such as troubleshooting steps, common problems and contact details to get in touch with Microsoft personnel.