Microsoft Outlook 2003 is an efficient email client for Windows operating systems and comes bundled with Microsoft Office Suite 2003. Well, there are number of occasions when you find your Outlook program to be faulty and troublesome. One of the Microsoft problems associated with the Outlook program is problems in receiving emails. According to our tech support team, the key reason for this problem is your mail server may not be responding properly. Nevertheless, you can fix the issue in a matter of few minutes. Let us see how:
Troubleshooting Outlook Issues
• To begin with, you need to click on the Windows “Start” menu located on the left side bottom corner of your computer screen and then click on the icon that is labeled by “Control Panel” from the list of Start menu options.
• Now, in the Control Panel window, you need to first change the category view to “Large Icons.” After that, select the “Mail” option followed by “E-mail Accounts.” Click on “View or change existing e-mail accounts,” and select the “Next” button and then, double-click on your email account.
• Next up, go through the information in the “Incoming mail server (POP3)” field, listed in the “Server Information” section.
• Following which you need to click on the Windows “Start” button and enter the text “Command Prompt” into the search text field. Click on the option that reads Command Prompt. This will open up a new window on your computer screen.
• Once you do that, you need to enter the following text without using quotation marks: “ping example.com” and hit the “Enter” key on your computer keyboard. Please note that you need to enter the actual name of your server in this section. Doing so will check if the server is responsive. If not, you will be notified that the server is down with an error message that reads, “Request timed out.”
• You will have to wait until the server gets back to working properly. This might take about 24 hours if the mail server is currently undergoing maintenance.
Now, that’s it! By now, you must have successfully resolved the Microsoft problems related to MS Outlook and start receiving emails without any problem. If you still encounter any issues, please get in touch with our tech support team for further assistance on this.